The 2019 Libre Graphics Meeting (LGM) will take place from Wednesday May 29 – Sunday June 2 in Saarbruecken, Germany.
This annual gathering is an opportunity for teams, contributors and practitioners involved in Libre Graphics to work together, share experiences, and hear new and inspiring ideas.
By libre Graphics we mean “free, Libre and Open Source tools for creative uses”. LGM is not just about software, but extends to standards and file formats used in creative work. Participants in LGM include developers, designers, academics, and activists. People from around the world who are passionate about Free/Libre tools and their creative applications.
LGM 2019 will take place in several venues with large, medium, and small spaces. We welcome lectures, workshops and other interactive formats. We also work with several gallery spaces and will publish a separate call for works (including demos, films / games, installations, projections) to be included / featured in an exhibition as well as presentations on the art academy’s interactive media facade.
State of Libre Graphics
Each meeting begins with a joint session that brings together everything that’s happened in our wide landscape over the last year. Instead of slots for general updates on the various software projects, we invite every team to submit two slides (maximum) with a short explanatory text that showcases the progress made over the past year. For first-time presenters, and particularly big or new topics in established projects, we encourage additional stand-alone submissions.
We are looking for:
- Reflections and practical sessions on promoting the philosophy and use of Libre Graphics tools
- Technical presentations and workshops for developers
- Showcases of excellent work made using Libre Graphics tools
- New tools and workflows for graphics and code
- Reflections on the activities of existing Free/Libre and Open Source communities
- Available formats (times include Q&A):
- Entry for State of Libre Graphics (1-2 slides)
- Presentations (20 minutes)
- Birds of a Feather (BoF), Workshops, Hackathons (1-2 hours)
- Lightning talks (5 minutes, selected at the event unconference style)
The deadline for submissions ends December 15, 2018.
Contributions will be selected by January 1, 2019.